Holiday Ordering Tips
Hello booklovers! It might feel early to think about holiday gifts, but this has been such an unusual year and we continue to experience supply chain disruptions. We want to give you clear information as early as possible. Below, find our top tips to take the stress out of the gift-giving rush.
1. Order Early: Our suppliers continue to experience significant slowdowns. Ordering ahead gives us more time to help you if a book goes out of stock. This is especially true if you have a specific title in mind for a particular friend or relative. It also gives us time to help you find an alternative, if need be.
2. Pre-shop our website before you visit: We update our website every day with new stock. See our "Features" page for lists of our hand-picked selections for gifting. We offer a 'pay at pickup' option if you want to continue browsing in store when you come to get your order.
3. Always put the books you want in your cart and order them, even if you plan to pay at pickup: When you order books through the webstore, it reserves them for you so no one else can buy them before you get to the store.
4. Shop before lunch or midafternoon: As you know, we've had to limit the number of customers in our store to 6 at one time. Our busiest hours are 11:30AM-1:00PM and 3:00-5:00PM. Shopping outside of those times reduces your wait time. We will be offering extended hours in December as well to accomodate the higher volume of traffic. We will also be offering some appointments on Thursday & Friday evenings in November and December, for those of you that may not be able to get downtown during store hours.
5. Pick up at the curb: If you have ordered through the website or we have emailed you to let you know that a special order has arrived, you can pick up your books at the door without waiting in line to browse. Simply come straight to our door or call us from your vehicle parked outside and we will bring the books to you. You can streamline this process even more by pre-paying for your order.
6. Email us for help or recommendations: Sometimes you need help finding the perfct gift for your eight-year-old nephew or favourite aunt and we totally understand that the website can't answer all your questions. Send us an email at email@example.com and we will hand select titles according to your need. We're happy to play personal shopper for you. We also offer free local delivery, and can arrange to mail a package for you, if needed.
We appreciate each of you, and know that together we can get through this challenging time. Thanks for sticking with us!